Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentines Weekend Continued

Sorry this is a little late, but I wanted to finish the rest of our story about Valentines Day! So, Matt and I went out and ate on Friday night for Valentines Day, but I still felt like we should do something special on Valentines day. So, the morning of Valentines Day Matt went and got breakfast from Chic-fil-a. They have the best breakfast! Then we went to the movies. Going to the movies in the morning is one of my favorite things to do and it is so much cheaper than going in the evening. We went and saw Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was pretty cute.


After going to the movies I had an idea. I didn't want to go out and eat again, so I decided that we should cook together. We both love to cook. So we went to Barnes and Noble and went to the cookbook section. We looked at lots of recipies and we choose what we wanted to make. It was fun just to go and sit and look at books and magazines together. Then we headed to Walmart to pick up everything that we needed.
I took some pics, so you could see what we choose to cook. We had a lot of fun, but were extremely full afterward. We ended up cooking most of the evening because we would make one thing and eat it and get full, so we would wait to start on the next until we felt like we could eat it.
Caution: The following pics are full of calories, so beware! This was a diet free night!

First was our appetizer, We chose to make Roasted Red Pepper, Spinach Artichoke dip. It was so good and pretty easy. I would definetly recommend if you need to take a dip to a party or something.

Next was the main course. I can't remember what this chicken is called, so we just call it Yummy Chicken in our house. I rarely make this, but it is very good. This one we didn't pick out at Barnes and Noble, this is a recipe that I had already, but this is what Matt wanted, so I decided I would make it for him.


For dessert Matt chose to make Camellia Grill Apple Pie. Camellia Grill is a restaurant in New Orleans. We like Camella Grill, so when Matt saw this recipie I wasn't suprised when he picked it. I was really easy to make and it tasted really good.

So that was the last of our Valentines Day adventures. It was a great weekend and we just enjoyed spending it together. I didn't get any pictures of Matt and I on Valentines Day, I think I was just excited about all the food and sampling everything that we made together. I also enjoyed this because we had leftovers for several days and I didn't have to cook for a few days.

No comments: