Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Favorite Places

Having Dad's BCM group here has been a lot of fun. Matt and I have been able to show them around the city. When people come and visit we love to take them to some of our favorite places in the city. Here are some of the places we would take you if you came to visit.


1. The French Quarter

There is always something to see in the quarter. We like to just go and walk around. There is lots of shopping to do also! I love to walk around and listen to the bands playing on the street. There is always some person dressed up in a costume somewhere having a good time. Matt and I were just down there this weekend and I saw a man driving a car with a puppet of a monkey sitting in the passengers seat. But the monkey was singing along with the music that was playing in the car. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen and I wish that I would have had time to get my camera out.


2. The Big Tree in the Audubon Park


Matt loves to go here. This tree is huge! Some of the limbs grow all the way down to the ground and then back up again. We like to just go here and sit in the shade and relax.



3. Eating at Ninja!
Ninja has great sushi. Matt and I definitely frequent there. We love the food and the service. I think that they put something addictive in their sushi because I crave it all the time.
These are just a few of our favorite spots. There are definitely lots more places that are great to go to, but these are just some of our favorites!

1 comment:

B said...

i think living there would be so neat!