Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sick

For the last week now I have been battling a sinus infection. I'm now on my second round of antibiotics. I hate being sick. But really, who likes it? What I really hate is the fact that I can't sleep. On Saturday, Sunday and Monday I woke up at 3am and could not go back to sleep. Poor Matt I try to go in the other room so I don't keep him up while I'm tossing and turning. He takes good care of me though. He knows I'm bad about taking medicine, so he is always making sure that I take it.

One night while I was up late I finished a book that I have been reading for a long time. I'm a slow reader. I wish that I was more of a reader, but for some reason I'm just not. So, since I am not a reader I get really excited when I finish a book. The last few months I have been reading The Heavenly Man.

This is a good book and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It is the true story of Brother Yun, a Chinese believer, who endures lots of hardship and persecution because he is a Christian. One reason I like this story is because many of the events that he talks about have happened in my lifetime. This book shows that even today, all over the world, Christians are being persecuted and killed for their beliefs. I think we often forget that not everyone lives in places where Christianity is accepted. This book also has made me reflect on my own life. Would I be able to endure what Brother Yun has endured? Do I have God's Word hidden in my heart so that if it was taken from me, I could remember what it says? Do I have the kind of faith that Brother Yun has? These are just a few of the questions that I have asked myself while reading this book.

1 comment:

Erica Powell said...

Ah, super good book. Sarah left it with me to read before she left for overseas. I just now found your blog and love hearing about your adventures. I like the interactiveness about it. :) Like the the 5 things you like and asking what we like. Miss you, Jacque!