Wednesday, April 2, 2008

There is Always More Room

I'm sorry for my absence lately. Matt and I had a crazy week last week. My self imposed "Rear in Gear" week didn't really work. However, I have now declared this "Rear in Gear Week Part 2"! I did good at the beginning of the week but then Matt and I had a death in family and we had to leave town on Thursday afternoon. My step-grandmother passed away this past week. Tommie was a beautiful woman who loved the Lord very much. After my mom passed away and my dad remarried, she always made me feel like I was part of her family. Trying to blend two families definately has its awkward moments, but she always made us feel comfortable and welcome. She taught me many things about opening my heart to love other people. There is always room in my heart to love more people, I just need to make a little more room for them. Sometimes I still need to be reminded of this. Sometimes I have the tendency to block people out and not let them in, so I need to be reminded to let people in. Tommie is loved and missed, but I know that she is busy now dancing and praising the Lord!
We got to see lots of family this weekend because of the funeral. It is always good to get to spend time with everybody. I think one of the sweetest times for me this weekend was on Saturday night at my Dad and Rebecca's house our immediate family all got together and we spent sometime just talking and laughing. Now this is rare because each one of us has major life transitions going on with new babies on the way, finding new jobs, moving, starting grad school, weddings, and graduations. I think that is why this time was so special because we all stopped and we all focused on each other the joy of family. All of us were there My dad, Rebecca, Kortney and Josh, Matt and I, Lyndsey, Christina and Josh, and Jesse and Jenny. There are a lot of us but we were all together in one room laughing, talking, and spending time together as a family should. It was the highlight of my weekend and I wouldn't trade times like that for the world. I hope and pray that we have many more years filled with times like these.

No comments: