Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Did I find a pearl?

Matt and I wanted to try a new place to eat this weekend, so on Saturday we decided on a place and we went out for dinner. We went to a seafood place here in Gulfport. I hadn't had fried oysters in a really long time, so I decided that I would splurge and get them. I was about half way done with all my oysters when I bit down on something really hard. I didn't know what it was but I decided that I didn't want swallow it, so I carefully spit it out. This is what I found.

As soon as it came out of my mouth, I looked at Matt and said "Is this a pearl?" He said he didn't know. I didn't know what to do. I just sat there for a little while and stared at it. I still don't know if it is or not. I tried to do some research on it, but I didn't find any information. I'm afraid to ask anyone because I don't want someone to think that I'm stupid, but I just want to know what it is. What do you think? Is it a pearl or is it something else?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you rub it against your teeth (kind of in a biting fashion) and it feels rough...it is a real pearl. If it is smooth...fake earring and lawsuit!:) -Martha