Saturday, January 10, 2009

Help!


I need help. Matt and I need a new camera. The camera that we own right now is old and everytime I take a picture I literally say out loud "I hate this camera". I used to love my camera, but the last couple years, we have really grown apart. I have got some money for Christmas and my birthday and I'm thinking about getting a new camera. The only problem is that the one I want is really expensive. I have the money to get it, but it is just so much money. I'm trying to decide if it is worth all that money. Wolf Camera is having a really good deal on Nikon D60's, so I have to decide pretty quickly. What do you think I should do? Should I get the camera and spend all my money or should I just buy a cheaper one and pocket some of the other money? Is it worth all that money? Let me know what you think...

6 comments:

B said...

you'll never regret it! esp later when you have kids. those digital slr's are great for fast moving kids, they're almost impossible to catch on a point and shoot! Do it!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree! There is a DRAMATIC difference in the quality of pictures that an SLR can take over that of a point and shoot digital camera. The D60 is a VERY good camera and I hear the lenses are reasonably priced- I own a Canon so I don't look at Nikon lenses often. My other tip, if you have the left over money is buy the biggest card you can for the camera. I have a 4GB and have NEVER filled it up (and we took over 500+ firework pics this past July 4th) and I like that so you don't have to delete on camera and you can look at stuff on your computer screen. I am excited for you guys! You will love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh- you will be able to take indoor pics without the flash and they turn out good! That is one of my favs in that I hate how flashes drown out skin tone and such. Yeah, I think I already said that I was excited for you- but I just wanted to repeat myself! HA!

Stephanie said...

Wolf camera is expensive in general, as are most specialty camera shops. I would check out amazon prices and go from there - if you are okay with buying online (I'd rather the instant gratification). Best Buy is expensive too, but that's where I bought both of my cameras because they do the financing and we like to keep our money in savings and earning interest for as long as possible. Oh, and I'm a canon snob, so boo on Nikon! Haha, kidding - it's just a personal preference.

Anonymous said...

Wolf Camera is usually pretty expensive. I'd check amazon or B&H Photo online. I'm a canon snob too, so I don't know much about the Nikons. but digital slr is definitely the way to go if you don't mind carrying around a bulkier camera. The new canon xsi has the live view function which isn't usually available with the digital slr. Also, think about what you might want to use it for. If you aren't going to print anything bigger than an 8x10 then you don't need much more than 6 mega-pixels. 10 to 12 mega-pixels will allow you to print poster size prints. If your old camera is a nikon I'd stick with the nikon brand since you're used to it and if you have lenses for the old one they might fit your new camera too.

Unknown said...

Do it jacque!!!