Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Unforgettable Moments

Today I wanted to write something fun. I didn't want to write about Matt and I's day to day activities. I went to the Imagination generator for ideas today. It suggested that I write about 10 unforgettable moments in my life. Immediately several came to mind, but I'm not sure that I have 10. I'm just going to start and we will see how many I have. I'm going in chronological order, so here I go.

1. The moment that I became a believer in Jesus Christ. I was talking with my mom and dad when everything became clear about Jesus and the sacrifice that God made for me by sending his son Jesus to die for me.

2. The moment that Jesse, my brother, had fallen off of the top bunk of his bed while he was asleep and realizing that he had asked me earlier that night to sleep on the top bunk because he was scared for some reason.

3. The moment that I came face to face with the two men that were robbing our home one night.

4. Leaving Barnhill arena after my high school graduation. I got in my car, rolled the windows down and turned the music up. I felt so free.

5. Taking off in a plane, going back to the states after I had spent the summer in Nepal. I knew that my heart had been changed forever.

6. The phone call that I got when my mom passed away. I just remember being on the phone, feeling like I was going to collapse and like the whole world was spinning around me and I was the only thing standing still.

7. My 21st birthday. My family planned a surprise Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood birthday party. I walked into the living room at my dad's house and the room was full of friends that I had all growing up, my grandmothers, my aunt, etc. They had all traveled in for my birthday and had written letters to me about memories and friendship.

8. The day that Matt proposed to me. The moment he got down on his knee.

9. The day that Matt and I got married. Specifically they moment that Matt and I got in the car after the reception. It was so quiet and even though we had been in the same room all day and had even said our vowels to each other, it felt as if we had not seen each other all day.

10. When Matt and I moved to New Orleans. After our wedding and honeymoon, we drove from Fayetteville to New Orleans for Matt to start classes. Once we got to our apartment and unloaded everything and closed the door, it was just the two of us. It was my first time to move away from home and Matt was the only person in New Orleans that I knew. It was a hard day.

Ok, so I ended up having ten. I think I actually have more than that, but these are just the one's that I thought of sitting here. What are your unforgettable moments?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really good post... I think I'd like to see Matt's unforgettable moments next. I think I may know one or two of them. :-) Of course, I'm sure they wouldn't be the same without him telling them in person.

I'm praying for you guys as you get into the school year. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I loved the one about getting in your car after the wedding reception! I felt the same way! One of my "unforgettable moments" was going to Discovery Week for the first time (I'm so glad you invited me!). I talked about it this weekend when David and I went to help chaperone a youth leadership retreat for our church. Even though I'd grown up going to church and believing in God, it was one of the first times I really "felt" God's presence and realized just how amazing He is.