Saturday, June 21, 2008

Adventures!

After hurricane Katrina, Matt and I had to move several times to get our lives back in order. (That whole part of our lives is a crazy story that will have to be told later) Because we moved so many times we decided that we were not going to refer to moving as "moving", but that we were "starting a new adventure." So here we are three years later ending one adventure and starting another one. This week has been a little crazy with talking to movers and getting everything ready to move. We have started our goodbyes, which is the hardest part. My office had a party for Matt and I this week. It was great. Thanks Diana and Laura for putting it all together. Thanks for making Matt and I feel so special! I am really going to miss ya'll!
Tomorrow is Matt and I's last day at church. It is not going to be an easy day. Matt and I love our church here in New Orleans. When Matt and I came to New Orleans, we struggled to find a place where we felt like we could serve. After the storm Matt and I found Edgewater Baptist Church. After the first Sunday we knew that Edgewater, was where we were supposed to be. We knew that we could plug in and serve the people of the church, community, and the Lord. We knew that the people of Edgewater took the Bible seriously and taught what it said, and we knew that Edgewater's desire is to reach the nations with the message of Jesus. Matt and I are very sad to leave Edgewater. I tell Matt everyday "I don't want to leave our church." But I know that God will provide a church for us. I know that He will take care of us. So here we go on another adventure...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I'm gonna miss you guys. I wrote about my last night at Edgewater a few weeks ago... Fort Worth is so different. I know you'll do great in Mississippi. Thanks so much for being my friends in New Orleans. Love y'all.

Joe Kennedy

Anonymous said...

At least you get to "start this new adventure" with a little help from the folks at Atlas. :-) I already miss you guys. After all of your traveling the world (or really just LA to AR and back) settles down, we will be stopping by...

the Pulleys said...

We'll pray that the Lord certainly blesses your faithfulness & puts you in the exact church that He has for you. He'll have amazing things in store for you there as well. Congrats to you both on the new "joint" position! Patrick & I are in full-time college ministry on campus too (as of this past Feb.), and we're excited for you both as you embark on this wonderful adventure together! Be blessed...