Monday, May 5, 2008

Date Night, Baby Shower, and Pancakes

-Just a warning I forgot to bring my camera, so pictures will have to come later.- Sorry!
This weekend was very eventful, but it was lots of fun. On Friday afternoon Matt called me and let me know that we were going to go on a surprise double date with some of our friends. I love surprises so I was really excited. He wouldn't give me any hints about what we were doing but he gave me a time that I needed to be ready by. So about 6:15 we meet our friends and off we went. The hint that boys gave us in the car was, "This is a two part date, the first part is for us (the boys) and the second part is totally for ya'll (the girls)". ***Little background, my husband loves to eat out. So, when he told about this surprise date, I knew that it was just his way of getting me to agree to let him go out and eat. *** So, our first stop was to eat. They took us to Phil's Grill.
Phil's Grill has great burgers and is a total guy place. Currently they are running a deal called "Burger Palluza", where some local celebrities, like Saints players and sports reporters, built special burgers to raise money for charities. If you get one of their special burgers you get a free t-shirt. So that is what the boys did and those burgers where huge! They were definitely built for big eaters like NFL players.

After we ate, we got back in the car and by the direction we were driving I knew we were going to the movies. I was really excited because I love to go to the movies, but we just don't get to very often living on a seminary budget. We went to go see Made of Honor. We got our tickets and turned around and there were three Hornets players standing behind us. All four of us stopped what we were doing and just stared at them. Then we stood around saying "Matt, go talk to them.", "No, you go talk to them.", "I don't know what to say, you go talk to them." Needless to say no one said anything to them and we went into to the movie theatre. But it was the highlight of the night. My favorite part of going to the Elmwood Theatre is the bathrooms. The Elmwood Theatre has the best hand blow dryers. They are crazy powerful. Every time we go I like to go wash my hands before and after the movie.

The movie was good. I really liked it. I thought it was cute, very predictable but cute. It was a good night overall and we had a good time just hanging out and not worrying about all the other stuff that we needed to get done, like dishes and laundry, etc.
Saturday was Baby Shower Day. Some of my friends and I had a baby shower for our friends Cole and Chad. There were so many people there and so many desserts. It was a good time. I always love an excuse to have a party.
Sunday was a good day. Matt and I got up and went to church. Then that afternoon we took naps and just worked around the apartment getting things done. Then Sunday night we headed over to the University of New Orleans to help out with the BCM's Midnight Pancake Supper. Matt and I have helped out several times and we always enjoy it, even though getting up to go to work the next day is a struggle. We always have a good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent background my friend. You are a winner!

Martha