Thursday, May 22, 2008

RA's and GA's

On Wednesday nights at church, Matt and I both teach the RA's and GA's classes. Matt teaches the RA's and I teach the GA's. While it is totally exhausting some weeks, it is always a lot of fun. One of Matt and I's favorite times of the week is when we are driving home from church on Wednesday nights and we exchange stories about things that the kids said or did in class that night. One of my favorite stories from last night was from Matt.
Once a month the RA's have a prize night in class. They recieve tickets for good behavior, bringing their Bibles to class, memorizing their scripture verses, etc. All the tickets get put in a hat and then once a month they have a drawing to see who gets a prize. So last night after our GA's time, we took the girls to the playground, where the boys were already playing. I went outside and sat at a nearby table so I could see everyone. All the prizes that the boys had won were laying on top of the table. One of the boys was sitting there with a frown on his face. I asked him why he was upset and he told me it was because Mr. Matt told him he couldn't touch all the prizes, then he left and went on playing.
Later, in the car Matt and I were talking about the prizes and the boy and Matt told me that right before we had come outside, the boy was playing with all the prizes that didn't belong to him. Matt had told him twice to stop touching the prizes. After the second time he came over to Matt, looked up at him and with his teeth clenched together said, "If you don't stop telling me not to touch the prizes, I'm going to stomp on your toes". I was rolling in the car. I thought it was so funny! These kids crack me up and wear me out all at the same time.

No comments: